Wednesday, February 11, 2015

January 24, 2015 Blog: A tilting basket and major changes

Hello Blogger!

We are the Charging Champions, FTC Team #8660. This is our second blog (for January 24, 2015). Over the past couple of weeks, we have been making several changes to our robot.

As shown, the pulley is made out of 80/20 bars. The first bar is a 1020 bar, and all of the other bars are 1010 bars. Now, the pulley only has 1010 bars, so it is a lot smaller.

Earlier, a servo motor used to pull up the brush on an 80/20 bar. However, the servo was very weak, and could not pull it up more than 3 or 4 times before burning out. To solve this problem, we used a DC motor with a re-purposed tank tread idler wheel to wind up the brush.

The basket was being flipped up and down by a servo. However, in the January 11, 2015 Perris Qualifier, the link to the servo was weak, and it caused the whole basket to tilt at a 45-degree angle. Because of this, we were unable to drop balls into the center goal. After the competition, we replaced the servo that tilted up the basket with a DC motor.

Because of all of these new DC motors that we added, there were no ports left in the controllers. As a result, we had to butt-splice the drive motors so that both of the left-side drive (2 motors) was fed into one controller. We did the same thing on the right side.

That's it for this week! Stay tuned for more!

The Charging Champions
FTC Team #8660
YouTube Channel:
Facebook Page:
Google Plus Page:
Follow us on Twitter @FtcTeamCC!

No comments:

Post a Comment